Short crust pastry
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 500 grams plain flour
- fine salt
- 3 quarters of a cup of cold water
- 100G Sugar
- Cut the butter into small pieces
- Put the flour and salt and Sugar into bowl
- Rub the butter into flour to a breadcrumb consistency
- Pour in the water, mix with a palate knife to start, then finish mixing by hand
- Tart cases should always be blind baked before filling and baking.
Makes: 1 litre
- 12 egg Yolks
- 1 litre cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- 100g sugar
- Slice the vanilla pods in half, scrape out the seeds.
- Add these to the cream and bring to the boil.
- Mix the sugar and egg yokes.
- As the cream comes to the boil stir in the egg, take of the heat.
- 250g ground almonds
- 250g butter
- 250g sugar
- 50g flour
- 4 eggs
- Combine all in a blender
- You will need ½kg best prunes and a slug of brandy
- Blind bake the pastry, when golden take the blind bake beans of and give it a minute in the oven to dry, Put in the frangipane and the prunes and bake for 20 minutes or until firm. Pour the brandy over it whilst warm
- 500g cream
- 50 icing sugar
- One vanilla pod
- Cut the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds add them to the cream.
- Whip the cream and fold in the sugar.