Cured mackerel, shaved fennel, smoked eel and apple.
- 3 mackerel, filleted
- 300g smoked eel
- 2 heads of Florence fennel
- Bunch dill
- 2 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 150ml white wine
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 star anice
- 2 dried chillies
- 2 apples
- 2 lemons
- Wash the fish and dry the filets.
- In a saucepan combine the wine, white wine, sugar and salt, add all the spices and the garlic
- Finely slice the shallot, carrot and fennel stalks
- Bring the liquid to the boil, add the prepared vegetables and take of the heat
- Pour the hot liquid over the mackerel and rest in the fridge until needed
- Slice the fennel on a mandolin very finely, dress with lemon and chopped dill.
- Peel and core the apples, slice thinly
- Skin the eel and trim any fatty bits, slice thinly
- Prepare a little salad of fennel, eel and apple, serve with a filet of mackerel and some pickled vegetables.